All customers on the "Harbour Ferry" at Harwich, Felixstowe or Shotley do so subject to the following terms and conditions:
Harwich Harbour Ferry Services ltd - called "provider"
- The "provider" reserves the right to refuse admission and carriage to any passenger who is deemed by any member of staff to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances. Or to anyone who seems, for whatever reason that they could be a liability and effect the safety of passengers and crew alike. There is no refund or compensation for any loss.
- "Provider" has a strict no smoking policy.
- The Ferry is not equipped for reduced mobility, the crew and skipper will always try everything possible to help passengers with reduced mobility on board.
- To make bookings from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- By clicking the "Payment" button once you have completed the Booking Form you shall be deemed to have made an offer to book a Seat or Seats subject to these terms.
- No order placed by you shall be deemed to be accepted by us until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by us and we are in receipt of payment.
- You warrant that all information you give to us while using the website is correct. If the information changes prior to your attendance at the Ferry it is your responsibility to notify us as soon as possible.
- Except as stated in cancellation we will not be liable to give any refund or exchange for any ticket booked by you through the Website, and you may not cancel your order.
- All information you provide is kept secure and will not be used for any marketing from the provider or third party. The email address is used to send your ticket and payment confirmation. The telephone is used to contact you in the unlikely event of an emergency or break down.
- If a crossing is cancelled from the "provider" (and not rescheduled), you will be offered a refund.
- If you arrive early you can use your ticket for an earlier crossing, subject to availability and within the same day. If you arrive late you can use your ticket for a later crossing, subject to availability and within the same day.
- It is possible to change your booking for whatever reason up to 48 hours before your crossing subject to availability.
- If a crossing is rescheduled due to technical issues or weather, you will be offered seats at any other crossing, subject to availability.
- If you cancel your reservation 14 days before your crossing we offer a full refund.
- It is your responsibility to check the information contained in the acknowledgement of order and the tickets is accurate prior to you attendance at the Ferry
- Tickets will only be sent to the email address you provide in our World pay payment system. The QR Code from the ticket has to be printed or presented on a Smart phone display and validated while boarding the Ferry.
- You should receive your ticket within 10 minutes of your confirmed payment. If you do not receive your ticket within this period please contact us.
- The price for the crossing shall be the price set out on the Website at the time we accept your booking.
- All prices quoted on the Website are inclusive of any tax.
- You will pay the price upon completion of the booking form
- The Website content and design is subject to copyright owned or licensed by "provider". The Website is provided solely for your own use and you will not, without our written permission, transfer or sell or attempt to transfer or sell access to or use of the site (or any part or facility of it) or any of your rights or obligations under this agreement to any other person.
- We shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms if, through circumstances outside of our reasonable control, we have been unable to fulfil your order or comply with any other obligations under these terms.
- If any provision of these terms is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of these terms and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- The parties to this agreement do not intend that any term of this agreement will be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of this agreement shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Queries and complaints
- As an online trader, pursuant to European Union legislation, we draws your attention to the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution platform can be found online, where you can access for further information about online dispute resolution.
- "provider" can be contacted at:
5 Church Street
Company number: 07227401